Mold exposure can be a serious matter, although the symptoms vary from each individual. Especially people with hypersensitivity or allergies to mold could develop mild to severe health symptoms.
This means that you can be living in a dangerous environment and not notice anything, while your wife or daughter could be in the process of developing a serious illness.
It all depends on each individual’s allergies and immune system. Typically children, elderly or pregnant women could be extra vulnerable to exposure due to a weaker immune system.
It also depends on the severity of the mold growth or spores present, what type of mold present, and what type of mold you might be allergic to. It is very important to understand that you don’t have to have allergies or weak immune systems to experience symptoms.
Symptoms for short term mold exposure
- Watery and/or itching eyes
- Itching or irritated skin
Symptoms for on and off mold exposure over a longer period
- Constant headaches
- Sinus infections
- Nose bleeds
- Ear infections
- Constant fatigue
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Neurological and nervous disorders
- Short term memory loss
- Hair loss
- Sexual dysfunction
- Asthma attacks or breathing disorders
- Coughing black debris or blood
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain
- Skin rashes and open sores
- Swollen glands in neck and armpit area
- Pain in joints and muscles
Symptoms for high exposure over a long period
- Brain damage
- Long term memory loss
- Bleeding lungs